Is your office riddled with rolls of old plans, partially filled purchase orders, and hard drives stuffed beyond capacity? Since the ‘90s, your paper trail may have decreased slightly, which is strange, because your online files have also reached exponential levels. Are you losing productivity and job performance over big data?
This is sabotaging the efficiency of your office staff. Symptoms of inefficient data management may include:
- Multiple copies of the same document, or slightly updated versions of old documents
- Fear of deleting repeat POs and CAD files
- Still storing data on a USB or portable hard drive system.
- It takes your team 20+ minutes to locate the file you’re asking for
- Constantly filling out forms and waiting for your secretary to convert them to online files
- Going back and forth with the aforementioned secretary to translate the sloppy handwriting that your mother claims meant you should be going to med school.
- Scanning documents from dawn until dusk, while still keeping a warehouse for paper storage
- The scariest of all: no security in your system.
We’re going to break these down into three categories to help simplify the enormity of these problems.
When you have repeat versions of the same document, your system slows to a crawl. Hard drive space is eaten up, or worse, you’re stuck with a messy cloud system that you can’t find anything in. What this means? Your employees waste literally days finding documents. Instead of giving benefits, you’re paying double for time lost in the office, and your stress level skyrockets because you cannot get to the most updated file you need at all times.
Average Joe Office Manager says: You could take the time to get rid of unnecessary clutter and duplicates. You could do this weekly and *maybe* efficiency would improve. You could even hire the trendy decorator you used on your last multi-million dollar residential deal to make your office more “Feng Shui”. But what is the point of all this technology if there is not a way to get them to do these things for you?
The 5i SOLUTION: No analog filing system can match up to the complexity of a digital system. Fight fire with fire. Our capture tool has major features that will slaughter the demons of digital mess that currently render your office incapable.
- OCR, or Optical Character Recognition, is a feature that recognizes and matches documents quickly and easily. This eliminates your current paper redundancy. Say goodbye to all the printed files you’re keeping because you don’t have digital copies – OCR is a major feature for eliminating your paper redundancy.
This is your best way to eliminate past data buildup and reduce clutter in the office. We’ve taken care of the past, how can we live more efficiently in the present? Check in next week for step 2 in our office efficiency process for architects and general contractors.